[KDE/Mac] QStandardPaths on OSX and Windows (Re: An interesting read, perhaps...)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Apr 23 20:05:43 UTC 2016

On Saturday 23 April 2016 21:39:03 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Saturday April 23 2016 17:49:02 Marko Käning wrote:
>
> >Ho folks,
>
> A bit early for ho-ho-ho'ing, no? :)
>
> >I sort of can’t imagine that KDE’s CI system will at best only build KF5 for the OSX platform, but not be able to run any test.
> >Such a stripped-down approach to OSX/CI can’t be seriously considered as a viable.
>
> IIRC it's not that the unittests don't run, it's that QSP on OS X doesn't have a special testing mode.

I don't see what makes you say that.

qstandardpaths_mac.mm says:

QString QStandardPaths::writableLocation(StandardLocation type)
{
    if (isTestModeEnabled()) {
        const QString qttestDir = QDir::homePath() + QLatin1String("/.qttest");
        QString path;
        switch (type) {
        case GenericDataLocation:
        case AppDataLocation:
        case AppLocalDataLocation:
            path = qttestDir + QLatin1String("/Application Support");
            if (type != GenericDataLocation)
                appendOrganizationAndApp(path);
            return path;
[...]

git says I added that in the mac code at the same time as I added it to other files.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5