[KDE/Mac] [OS X] adding a link module to all KF5 targets

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Thu Sep 24 11:44:18 UTC 2015

That does sound like a bit more interesting question. Browsing through
http://lxr.kde.org/ident?_i=QStandardPaths&_remember=1 (quite a long
list...) a couple of things come to mind. First anything that's using
QStandardPaths isn't necessarily using any frameworks at all. Looking
at http://agateau.com/2013/kf5-diagrams/kf5.png (which admittedly may
not be up to date either) it seems KCoreAddons is a very commonly used
framework. Also depended on by many other frameworks and used by many
applications. It contains KAboutData which is used by pretty much any
GUI application that we release, I'm not sure if it matters if it
needs to be used by command-line tools also or not. I'm not sure how
many if any command line tools or system daemons etc. are using
QStandardPaths. Maybe try with KCoreAddons and see if that's a
suitable enough place?

BR,
Jeremy