[KDE/Mac] Question to experienced Mac devs about goal of Windows/Mac frameworks

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 10:06:52 UTC 2015

On Wednesday October 21 2015 11:30:46 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

> ​I don't think separating community this way is acceptable. Or categorising
> people. There are smart people that can have multiple hats.
> Even for example, less advanced OS X users have right to demand native UI
> styling on the target OS. You're proposing to use one of the Linux styles
> which is clearly foreign look.

I'm talking about the making of decisions that affect a whole (sub)community, not about making requests or suggestions.
And evidently I assume that the people I think capable of making the kind of decision being discussed will do so with the needs of all potential KDE/OS X users in mind.

As to the default style advised by the KDE/Mac/MacPorts community: that concerns KDE4 and is mostly because of issues with the native style. If those reasons persist with KF5 applications I think the advise will persist too, otherwise it will not (but users should still be able to chose, evidently).

More later.