[KDE/Mac] [OS X] adding a link module to all KF5 targets

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Wed Oct 14 21:46:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

>> I am already quiet annoyed to see we actually can turn on X11 on Mac, Qt's own
>> X11 backend is not available
>> per default anyway, which sense makes that?
>
> Qt's X11 backend builds just fine except for a few details that should be easy
> enough to address.
>
> Choice is good but if it annoys you, just look the other way (and do it quietly,
> as you already suggested by accident :P). I do the same with dogma.
> (Or get yourself a Winbox, it's a bit harder to "turn on X11" there...)
you are aware that with this we introduce just a extra platform we will get bugs
for? We then not have just Mac/Qt but also Mac/Qt-X11 which is not even officially
supported by Qt itself?

To tell me to look the other way is nice, but won't stop the bugs from coming
to our bugtracker.

In the dependency thread the concern was raised for bugs that will come in
if we make more stuff optional, but X11 on Mac is just a complete different level
of potential support problems.

Btw., if you like to have a second opinion read Boudewijn mail from that thead:

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2015-October/027673.html

I fully agree with him.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com