[KDE/Mac] org.kde.KLauncher service not found [help]

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 10:34:26 UTC 2015

On Friday October 02 2015 10:32:42 David Faure wrote:

> > >[klauncher is] supposed to be started at the very beginning, by kdeinit (at least on Linux).
> >
> > Who takes care of that, and how does it find kdeinit - supposed to be in the path?
>
> Re-read, it's the other way round

Heh, re-write you mean: who takes care of [that=] launching kdeinit4, and how is it supposed to find kdeinit4?

So:
> * kdeinit starts

That's the question: who starts it, what would/could be the equivalent on OS X and if one exists, why does it no longer work on my end.

> Unless of course the patch you mention wasn't committed, that makes it harder
> for me to see what's going on...

I fear it's a older patch that's remained specific to MacPorts because no one bothered to get it committed. There's a nice little bunch of them; I've considered putting them up for review. But you know how it goes, I didn't create them so couldn't document them that well, had plenty other things to do, etc.