[KDE/Mac] org.kde.KLauncher service not found [help]

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 08:07:23 UTC 2015

On Thursday October 01 2015 20:21:59 David Faure wrote:

Something was nagging at the back of my mind, so please allow me to come back to this:

>[klauncher is] supposed to be started at the very beginning, by kdeinit (at least on Linux).

Who takes care of that, and how does it find kdeinit - supposed to be in the path?

And how is this supposed to happen on OS X? Was I just lucky that somehow it always worked?
Ian; you're the author of the workaround-kdeinit4-crash patch, no? Any thoughts?

(IIRC, that patch works around the fact that OS X disallows exec after fork.)