[KDE/Mac] org.kde.KLauncher service not found [help]

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:16:52 UTC 2015

Hey guys,

I knew I shouldn't have done maintenance today (no, really :)) but after about 90 days of uptime including lots of building I felt I owned that to my poor MacBook.

Now I'm getting "org.kde.klauncher service not found" errors mentioning a .service file, including from kded4 which usually is dead silent.

Any idea where that might be coming from? Thing is I don't even have such a .service file on my Linux rig ... I do have the org.kde.KLauncher.xml file, and already verified that linking org.kde.klauncher.xml (small caps name) to it doesn't help.

Any thoughts/suggestions really appreciated!

(David: sorry for CC'ing you if this is not your cup of tea; it concerns KDE4 on OS X in case it wasn't clear.)