[KDE/Mac] Another round of success

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:07:27 UTC 2015

On Friday May 29 2015 10:36:37 meik michalke wrote:

>the only problem could be to get OS X run in a virtual machine in the first
>place. though i've seen several how-tos on the net.

Nowadays this works fine, and in fact one of the CI machines used (AFAIK) by Scarlet is a VM running under VirtualBox.
The only unknown to me at this point is how good support for OS X guests is when the host is not running OS X. Commercial solutions like VMWare and Parallels may actually refuse to boot them if that would violate the EULA (and I doubt they'd check the local country in that case). VirtualBox might be less restrictive ... but one would still have to check the availability of guest extensions without which the guest might not be able to access the internet.

@brad: do you have a Linux PC onto which you could copy one of your VM images and see what it takes to get them fully functional there?