[KDE/Mac] Another round of success

"Marko Käning" mk-lists at email.de
Thu May 28 10:23:31 UTC 2015

Hi René,

> On Tuesday May 26 2015 11:55:23 Mario Fux wrote:
>
> I haven't been hearing anything about the QStandardPaths issue for a while.
> Should I consider it solved or worked around, and thus a waste of my time
> to continue thinking about the draft patch I've included with my qt5-mac-devel
> MacPorts port?

the QSP patch (for the purpose of the new CI) is _DEAD_ since quite a while already!!

Jeremy's RR on Qt's gerrit went dead back then at some point when Qt's devs had made
it clear that we shan't patch Qt to make KDE's QSP work differently from vanilla Qt.

Scarlett has "solved" this for now by copying all files which were installed by cmake
into linuxish standard locations into OSX' standard locations on the new CI system to
make the tests work (~/Library/Application Support/ and ~/Libarary/Preferences/). This
is not in the CI team's responsibility anyways, but rather requires each project's devs
to rework their project with a multi-platform'ish mind set.