[KDE/Mac] CI for kf5-qt5 is not green anymore

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:00:46 UTC 2015

On Saturday May 02 2015 09:42:44 Scarlett Clark wrote:
>On Saturday, May 02, 2015 10:20:27 AM David Faure wrote:
>> KMainWindow_UnitTest::testDefaultName() Cannot create window: no screens
>> available
>
>Yes it is a CI issue. We connect to slaves via SSH and therefore GUI is not
>available. I am not a Mac person so this requires the assistance of Mac folks
>to chime in and enlighten me on how to make the GUI available to jenkins via
>SSH. Or perhaps we should be launching via java web start like we have to on
>Windows.

If that test above (and others) require a GUI session you'll probably have to create one over VNC; I don't see how java web start would help (unless it provides a VNC channel). I cannot check right now (Bradley's "macports" VM is unreachable), but IIRC Qt5 applications can be started over a separate SSH connection regardless of whether the user's GUI session is actually connected to anything.
If the CI machine (another one of Bradley's VMs, no?) only serves for this, you could consider letting the CI user auto-login after boot, that way the session ought to be available always.