[KDE/Mac] Trouble applying QSP patch from Qt's codereview

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Thu Mar 5 21:24:53 UTC 2015

Interesting!

On 05 Mar 2015, at 22:19 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> %> port installed "*libtool*"
> Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider updating them by running 'port selfupdate'.
> The following ports are currently installed:
>  libtool @2.4.2_3+universal
>  libtool @2.4.2_4+universal
>  libtool @2.4.2_5+universal
>  libtool @2.4.4_0+universal (active)
>
> (yeah, I should do some cleaning up ... I even have a script that removes all except a select subset of inactive ports)

I have version 2.4.5 installed.

Wondering whether your 2.4.4 actually knows the option “-static” in contrast to
mine...

> In other words: build dependencies seem to be recorded just like like library and runtime dependencies. I think I already wondered aloud about that on the macports-dev ML (and was told that "it is what you want TM”).

Hmmm, I see.

>> Turns out I MUST deactivate it (forcibly) to HOPEFULLY be able to build qt 5.4.1
>> on my OSX/CI system otherwise I end up with tons of errors like these:
>
> Well that's weird. As you see above libtool isn't a dependency for Qt itself.

Well, it’s not declared as an explicit dependency, but seems to be used if found.

>> version 5.4.1… Otherwise I’d be lost here.
>
> I'm still getting your email, so you cannot be completely lost ;)

;)

Just now I realised that I have to rebuild from scratch once more, as I was too
impatiently trying to build a project while qt5 was still being transferred to
Jenkins master… :-/