[KDE/Mac] Trouble applying QSP patch from Qt's codereview

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Thu Mar 5 19:45:16 UTC 2015

Hi René, Jeremy and Ian,

On 03 Mar 2015, at 11:41 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday March 03 2015 08:39:37 Marko Käning wrote:
>
>> Jeremy’s patch is based on 5.4.0 and I cannot figure out how to rebase his
>> changes from Qt’s Gerrit ticket for QSP [2] onto the 5.4.1 from KDE/CI.
>
> I may not have the latest version of Jeremy's patch, but creating the patch I
> uploaded to his bug ticket the other day, was really easy. In fact, after
> creating it for qstandardpaths_mac.mm I could apply it to my Qt 5.4.0 build
> tree by just renaming the file inside the patch file. In other words, qtstandardpaths_mac.mm is just a renamed version of qstandardpaths_mac.cpp,
> with a few ObjC expressions in parts of the code that don't interfere with
> our QSP patch. At least not with the patching process itself.

thanks for this reassurance (René). That gave me the drive to retry it again...

And, I do have _progress_ although another problem appeared, as you’ll see below.

Can all of you tell me, please, whether you guys have actually MacPorts’ libtool
installed?

I do have it here, but I don’t understand, why it actually is a dependency to
these two ports and not just a build-time dependency:
---
$ sudo port deactivate libtool
Password:
Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider updating them by running 'port selfupdate'.
--->  Deactivating libtool @2.4.5_0
--->  Unable to deactivate libtool @2.4.5_0, the following ports depend on it:
--->  	ImageMagick @6.9.0-0_0
--->  	gobject-introspection @1.42.0_0
Error: org.macports.deactivate for port libtool returned: Please uninstall the ports that depend on libtool first.
Please see the log file for port libtool for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_libtool-2.4.5_0_4f1198d104f4765d9cb7519d55c0c7500c4973e2347b7400e87eb360f1876732-2331/libtool/main.log
Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for libtool @2.4.5_0
--->  Deactivating libtool @2.4.5_0
--->  Unable to deactivate libtool @2.4.5_0, the following ports depend on it:
--->  	ImageMagick @6.9.0-0_0
--->  	gobject-introspection @1.42.0_0
Error: port deactivate failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on libtool first.
---

Turns out I MUST deactivate it (forcibly) to HOPEFULLY be able to build qt 5.4.1
on my OSX/CI system otherwise I end up with tons of errors like these:
---
FAILED: rm -f libudis86.a && ./gyp-mac-tool filter-libtool libtool  -static -o libudis86.a obj/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/mach_override/libudis86/libudis86.decode.o obj/src/3rdparty/    chromium/third_party/mach_override/libudis86/libudis86.input.o obj/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/mach_override/libudis86/libudis86.itab.o obj/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/             mach_override/libudis86/libudis86.udis86.o
Usage: /opt/local/libexec/gnubin/libtool [OPTION]... [MODE-ARG]...
Try 'libtool --help' for more information.
libtool:   error: unrecognised option: '-static’
---
which seems to be due to MacPort’s GNU-libtool [1].

The only thing I can imagine is that you guys DO NOT have MacPorts’ libtool
installed and were because of that able to successfully build and install qt5’s
version 5.4.1… Otherwise I’d be lost here.

Finally I see that my QSP-patched version has been built successfully and is
just now being transferred to Jenkins master’s storage… (which is going to take
another hour). :-D

EVENTUALLY I have ARRIVED at 5.4.1 for OSX/CI’s kf5-qt5 branch group!

[1] https://github.com/apiaryio/snowcrash/issues/93