[KDE/Mac] qt3d?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 21 12:22:26 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 21 January 2015 12:25:15 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> In between things I'm preparing a Qt 5.3.2 PPA for Ubuntu 14.04 (which is
> still on 5.2.1), and I noticed that QtLocation doesn't build properly
> without Qt3D. That's a 3rd party component (surprisingly?).

I'm not sure that Qt3D is more "3rd party" than QtLocation.
They are both submodules of qt5.git.

> It seems that dependency has been dropped in Qt 5.4.0, but supposing we want
> to support KF5 on Qt 5.3.2 in MacPorts, do we need QtLocation and thus
> Qt3D?

Do we actually need QtLocation? I built all of the KF5-based code without it.

(In any case, note that QtLocation was depending on the "old" Qt3D, not the
current rewrite.)

> Does KF5 depend on Qt3D in any other way?

No.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5