[KDE/Mac] OSX/CI: konversation still fails to run properly

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 12:06:23 UTC 2015

Hi Marko,

On 22/02/2015, at 9:51 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
> today I gave KF5’s konversation a try and got stuff like this on the console:
> ---
> codecForName: ucnv_open failed ISO-8859-16 U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR
> Icon theme "oxygen" not found.
> kf5.kiconthemes: Couldn't find current icon theme, falling back to default.
> Icon theme "oxygen" not found.
> Error: standard icon theme "oxygen" not found!
> Couldn't start kglobalaccel from org.kde.kglobalaccel.service: QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name org.kde.kglobalaccel was not provided by any .service files")
> Failed to connect to the kglobalaccel daemon QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner", "Could not get owner of name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel': no such name")

@Jeremy:
You might know something about this.  You were having problems with broken
*.service files on OS X a few weeks back.  I think this is where you first noticed it:
    https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-mac/2015-January/003249.html
but I do not know where you ended up with regard to that problem.  I remember
there were a few posts about it.

> void QCocoaMenu::insertNative(QCocoaMenuItem *, QCocoaMenuItem *) Menu item is already in a menu, remove it from the other menu first before inserting
> Couldn't start kded5 from org.kde.kded5.service: QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name org.kde.kded5 was not provided by any .service files") , falling back to running kbuildsycoca5
> kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open ksycoca from "/Users/marko/Library/Caches/ksycoca5"
> Calling notify on "Sound"
> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
> WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to  Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).
> No plugin for action "Taskbar"
> Closing notification 1
> void QCocoaMenu::insertNative(QCocoaMenuItem *, QCocoaMenuItem *) Menu item is already in a menu, remove it from the other menu first before inserting
> virtual void QCocoaMenu::removeMenuItem(QPlatformMenuItem *) Item to remove does not belong to this menu
> ---
>
> I’ve stripped quite a few lines which occurred multiply.
>
> There is the usual stuff:
> - icon theme cannot be found (app doesn’t show any button with icon)
> - sound doesn’t work
> - Cocoa menu issues
>
> I think I was able to log on to the IRC network, but for some reason - although
> the main window appeared - no chat window tabs appeared in that, i.e. it stayed
> completely empty. Since I had no visual feedback I stopped this test.
>
> While clicking around more and more of those QCocoaMenu::* warnings appeared on
> the console.
>
> I guess this is an OSX issue wrt menu roles, which René was working on in the
> last while.

Cheers, Ian W.