[KDE/Mac] Second Qt 5.4 build error on OS X 10.7

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:34:47 UTC 2015

Hi René,

On 13/02/2015, at 8:39 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Friday February 13 2015 07:35:22 Marko Käning wrote:
> What are those error messages you get now? The whole point in repeating with -j1 was to get understandable error messages, so without them I cannot be of much help…

You said "If it (the output) remains nonsense"…  Well it looked like nonsense to me, but
here it is attached.  Errors in QObject make no sense to me, though there is a funny error
from "ld" early in the file.  And the errors in the previous file had no mention of QObject.

Could the compilations somehow be getting out of order?  I did not think modern build
systems and compilers could have such a problem.

Anyway I tried to follow plan B --- try another compiler --- but with little success.

>> On 13 Feb 2015, at 06:25 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I looked on developer.apple.com and the App Store but could find no trace of Xcode 4.6.3,
>>> except for old release-documentation pages.
>>
>> I think you must be able to find the old version somewhere, but I don’t have a clue how... :(
>
> I think Jeremy told us where he got his copy from. It must still be available from developer.apple.com (to registered members, but that's something you can set up with any AppleID, no need to shell out money).

I might try again when I have some time.  But I really want to concentrate on kdeinit
and friends, even QSP.

>> So, in order to set another compiler as your system compiler switch to it by using
>> ---
>> $ sudo port select --set mp-clang-3.4
>
> That, or you use configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.5 (I don't see any reason to use 3.4 if you can have 3.5 ;))

I have 3.5, the one you recommended.  Marko had a typo.  MacPorts also has 3.6.

Cheers, Ian W.