[KDE/Mac] Second Qt 5.4 build error on OS X 10.7

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Fri Feb 13 06:35:22 UTC 2015

Hi Ian,

On 13 Feb 2015, at 06:25 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> I looked on developer.apple.com and the App Store but could find no trace of Xcode 4.6.3,
> except for old release-documentation pages.

I think you must be able to find the old version somewhere, but I don’t have a clue how... :(

>> You could also install port:clang-3.5 of course, in that case, but you'd have to start all over all again …
>
> I did install port clang-3.5, but I still get the same clang, not a link to a different clang:
>
>    Tara:/opt/local/etc/macports>which clang
>    /usr/bin/clang
>    Tara:/opt/local/etc/macports>ll /usr/bin/clang
>    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  26291280  1 Feb  2013 /usr/bin/clang*
>    Tara:/opt/local/etc/macports>port notes clang-3.5
>    clang-3.5 has no notes.
>
> So no point in me going on… :-(

Well, in order to make use of the MacPorts-installed clang you will have to check which compiler
is currently configured as to be used (you must have the port “clang_select” installed):
---
$ port select --list clang
Available versions for clang:
	mp-clang-3.3
	mp-clang-3.4
	none (active)
---
Here you see that none is used, which will be the same for you, I guess.

So, in order to set another compiler as your system compiler switch to it by using
---
$ sudo port select --set mp-clang-3.4
---

Same holds if you want to select a specific gcc:
---
$ port select --list gcc
Available versions for gcc:
	apple-gcc42