[KDE/Mac] Fixing a crash in KCrash for Frameworks

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 17:38:01 UTC 2015

On Sunday February 01 2015 09:37:06 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> about drkonqi in console.app just com.apple.xpc.launchd:
> (com.apple.ReportCrash) Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch
> (3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in():
> com.apple.ReportCrash and a note saying it saved the log to some file in
> ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/kanagram_2015-02-01-074753_foo.crash. Is
> that what you saw in kdevelop?

I can't remember about the xpc stuff as that doesn't mean anything to me. The entry about saving a log is normal though; you probably get that after you clicked away the crash report dialog?

There used to be a time, IIRC, where developers could hook a reporting function of their own into that crash reporter. Nowadays, everything goes to Apple (and we can only guess what they do with 3rd party reports).