[KDE/Mac] OS X : org.kde.klauncher5 was not provided by any .service files

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Dec 6 14:37:22 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 24 November 2015 00:27:01 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> "KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus. Error when calling kdeinit_exec_wait:\nThe name org.kde.klauncher5 was not provided by any .service files\n"

kdeinit5 is supposed to fork and exec klauncher5 on startup, and then klauncher5 registers to DBus.

Ignore the mention of ".service files" that's DBus' way of saying "this process is not running, so I tried to autostart it and didn't find how to".
But in this case, we don't use autostart, so the problem is "not running".

Working on KDE Frameworks 5