[KDE/Mac] A Catch 22 problem with committing

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 02:29:36 UTC 2014

Hi René,

On 01/09/2014, at 5:39 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Monday September 01 2014, Ian Wadham wrote regarding "Re: A Catch 22 problem with committing"
>> P.S. I hear also that Dr Konqi has been moved into plasma-workspace on KF 5,
>> which makes it somewhat inaccessible for builders on Windows, Apple and Gnome
>
> Read: completely inaccessible (Aussies seem to have inherited good ole British
> understatement). plasma-workspace is tied to having X11, i.e. Qt built upon X11.
> And that's not possible any more on Mac.

The Aussie way would be to say that Dr Konqi is up s--t creek without a paddle ---
in a barbed-wire canoe!

Well, I am British by birth and education and migrated to Australia when I was 21,
but I am equally at home in both languages… :-) Unfortunately, powerful as they
are, many Aussie idioms are not suitable for mailing lists… And anyway they
would be hard for people trained in US English to understand.

In Australia, in projects where programmers work face-to-face Aussie idioms
contribute greatly to resolving issues rapidly. Since I retired and have been
working with KDE, I miss that… :-)

Cheers, Ian W.

P.S. I have raised the Dr K placement issue on kde-core-devel. So far no real
action, but things might move along a bit when I release my (future) patches for
the new Bugzilla security rules. They are a source of concern in KF5 too… :-)