[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 00:41:39 UTC 2014

Hi René,

On 19/09/2014, at 6:20 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Friday September 19 2014 18:10:03 Ian Wadham wrote:
>> for someone to say "Ship It". They can be made available "upstream" (i.e. for MacPorts)
>> at a moment's notice.
>
> Erm, people down under view everything the other way round, i.e. with upstream you mean with what us Northhalflings would consider downstream? ;)
>
>> These are going very well. I should have them finished this weekend, if you would
>> like to use them "upstream". They will make KDE bug reporting become independent
>> of KDE core software and its idiosyncrasies, on all platforms.
>
> Hmm, rewriting everything in Qt or (hehe) GTk?

The users of Apple OS X, Linux and Windows are the mountains from which come the
water which MacPorts and software writers need in order to exist… :-)

Well, whatever…

> I truly hope that you come up with something that allows to report crashes (and not just tell me the debug packages aren't available ...) Because right now, even if the bug reporter comes up, it takes way too long to get a crash report with which you won't be doing much …

I'm getting there. I can complete a crash report and get it to Bugzilla. I need to add
code to check the Bugzilla software version and adopt the correct security method
if it is a version that no longer uses cookies.

After that I want to test the KWallet support in Dr K, with and without your changes to
use OS X Keychain, and finally whether it is possible to get into the debugger interactively,
if that is what you were suggesting.

All this is if https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/119498/ ever gets a "Ship It"…

Cheers, Ian W.