[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 08:10:03 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas,

On 14/09/2014, at 4:54 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On 13/09/2014, at 6:50 PM, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
>> I have been pretty backlogged during the past weeks, but I am gradually getting back to it, and am planning to upgrade KDE on Macports to 4.13.3.
>
> Great news!  But how long have I got to polish up my patches? Days? A week or two?
>
> I could give you some patches fairly soon that would at least ensure that KCrash
> and Dr Konqi will *run* on Apple OS X without themselves crashing.  At the worst,
> Dr K might disconnect from bugs.kde.org before the user can finish off and submit
> the complete bug report, but he/she can still save it and the backtrace report will
> be useful to MacPorts and KDE-Mac devs at least.

These patches are now available, but are held up in KDE's Review Board waiting
for someone to say "Ship It". They can be made available "upstream" (i.e. for MacPorts)
at a moment's notice.

> Unfortunately, Bugzilla changed its software in July and no longer accepts cookies.
> I am working on some changes for Dr K to use the new security-checking regime.

These are going very well. I should have them finished this weekend, if you would
like to use them "upstream". They will make KDE bug reporting become independent
of KDE core software and its idiosyncrasies, on all platforms.

Cheers, Ian W.