[KDE/Mac] Fwd: Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports
mk-lists at email.de
Tue Sep 16 05:34:03 UTC 2014
I see only now, that this post hadn’t reached KDE-MAC, which is why I resend it now.
On 14 Sep 2014, at 14:54 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> As you may have seen, I've updated the RR, and even added one for KDevelop. Turns out others had filed bugreports for the same issues that had been bugging me…
Those two bugs were mine. ;)
> I did submit a port. I'd have called it kdelibs4-devel, but it should someone tell all dependents that it's equivalent to kdelibs4. Is that possible?
Yes, that IS possible, but I would vote for keeping it away from MacPorts - for now
As I’ve written earlier on KDE-MAC to Nicolas, I would vote for using our dedicated
MacPorts/KDE devel git repo .
We can update all your patches from the RB and bring them as variants into that
kdelibs4 port. This way anyone can easily check out the MacPorts port tree locally
and make tests for all variants as one likes. Cross-checking would be much easier
in this case.
ALTERNATIVELY we can host this indeed as kdelibs4-devel on MacPorts,
because we’d have buildbot support for all four OSX versions built in
in this a case.
That should even work, if one would have this port on an SVN user directory, as I was
told, but I haven’t tested it up to now.
Well, I guess we should decide how to proceed:
a) use the GIT-repo at kde.org  OR MacPorts’ an SVN user repository ?
b) introduce a new port kdelibs4-devel OR use kdelibs4 with new variants ?
c) when shall we go public on MacPorts’ trunk ?
d) submit patches to be made to kdelibs’ code to KDE, so that we’ll be free of all those patchfiles on MP
But first we should test whether it the buildbots pick up installs from user dirs
or not, in order to be able to decide where to go.
kde-mac at kde.org
List Information: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-mac
KDE/Mac Information: http://community.kde.org/Mac
More information about the kde-mac