[KDE/Mac] towards further integration on OS X; accepting arguments through LaunchServices

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 09:27:23 UTC 2014

On Sep 08, 2014, at 10:26, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> Isn't this something that we should aim to fix at the Qt level rather than at
> the KDE level since Qt-only apps will have the same problem?

Can "we" fix things in Qt?

I don't know if you saw my remarks, but Qt already has some support for this. It's on my ToDo list to look into it with one of the few pure Qt applications I actually use and have the sources of (xxdiff).
OK, so I could have the QtCreator sources too ... but that app is a bit overkill, although it does seem to provide a showcase. It'll open (source) files dropped onto it on OS X, but will launch a new instance for each drop. Which doesn't seem it could be the authors' intended behaviour.