[KDE/Mac] Giving up on kdeinit4 and friends

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:37:05 UTC 2014

On Sep 01, 2014, at 10:42, Mario Fux wrote:

Hi Mario

>> Here is the answer (great IRC ;-):
>> [10:25] <montel_> unormal: kdepim* master is kf5
>> [10:25] <montel_> unormal: last kdepim* kde4 is 4.14
>
> On the other hand. I just had a short chat with Georg Greve from KolabSys.
> They are currently working on stabilizing KDEPIM4 on Linux and Mac as clients

It's quite likely that it was him or someone from their group whom I was thinking about when I posted about my fix on macports-users.
I think it was also them who authored a patch to support multiple IDLE imap connections.

> for their groupware solution Kolab. And although they are not activitely
> working on KDEPIM4 for Mac they would be interested in people who do...

What do they propose?

Anyway, as I said my fixes may not be required anymore in 4.14 , I haven't checked that yet. OTOH, as I think I already pointed out, the Qt implementation of the things QMenu::addSection (as used in kdepim git/master) does drops the descriptive text on OS X. That's probably because OS X menu items cannot have a text AND separator line, and instead of adding an inactive menu item followed by a separator item Qt decided just to add the separator. At least that's what happens when I copy QMenu::addSection from the Qt5 sources and make it a static function in kdepim's 4.12.5 widgetactions.cpp . (Is that comprehensible for anyone else but me?)
So my patch would still have partial interest, even if it's no longer required to prevent crashing.