[KDE/Mac] Fwd: Article: Slackware Developer Not Happy With KDE5 Development

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 20:30:10 UTC 2014

On 28/10/2014, at 10:55 PM, Mario Fux wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2014, 11.18:45 schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
>> The age-old chicken-and-egg question.
>> Which, btw, has a perfect biological answer IMHO: the egg was first because
>> that 1st "chicken" bird that produced a "chicken" egg came out of one
>> (which was produced by parents that cross-bred to produce the chicken bird
>> variety) ;)
>
> Makes sense ;-).

Eggs have been around ever since sexual reproduction was evolved, in some
early animals.  The bird-type egg (i.e. with a watertight covering and laid, developed
and hatched outside the body) was evolved by reptiles, long before there were any
birds.  It enabled the adult reptiles to live in new territory, away from water, unlike
amphibians such as frogs and newts, who are obliged to lay their eggs in or near
water.  Dinosaurs evolved from reptiles and also laid eggs.  Current scientific
thinking (and the evidence has been piling up since the 1970s) is that birds
evolved from dinosaurs, which I find to be a beautifully poetic idea… :-)

All the best, Ian W.