[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Oct 8 07:26:55 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas,

On 08 Oct 2014, at 02:57 , Nicolas Pavillon <nicos at macports.org> wrote:
> It seems overly premature by a long shot to me. At this point, kde4-workspace is not even in Macports repository,

well, kde4-workspace could easily be brought to and qtcurve is already on MacPorts!

> so enforcing something to users seem pretty far.

Hmmm, for the record:

	I do NOT want to limit the user’s freedom of choice!

	Instead, I want to prevent OSX/KDE newcomers from getting
	frustrated with weird-looking app layouts for no reason,
	in order to give those a better impression of KDE’s status
	on OSX than they currently are getting out-of-the-box.

Kate, for instance, is a nice editor, but its screwed-up GUI always kept me away from
using it on OSX. With kde4-workspace & qtcurve installed and selected as standard theme,
I had a much nice user experience in all KDE apps so far.

> If then there are still issues as René is saying, then it seems out of question for now.

Please note, according to René, there are *NO* issues with the QtCurve theme, only with
the regular non-aqua KDE-themes (like e.g. Oxygen) which are installed with kdelibs4.

> Furthermore, conceptually, it seems to me that giving a choice is always good, but enforcing a choice is usually another story.

See above!

P.S.: BTW, anything else I could do for your to support this week’s release?