[KDE/Mac] Some issues found while testing branch 'KDE4.13'

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sun Oct 5 12:12:10 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

On 05 Oct 2014, at 13:20 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eyeballing the history, which luckily is rather sparse right now… :-)
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs/repository/show/kdeui/xmlgui?rev=KDE%2F4.14

I see. :)

> Oddly enough, the solution is to close() the main window and exit before the KGoldrunner
> constructor gets as far as setupGUI() and the reset().  Somehow that keeps the message
> boxes and their contents alive…  I will re-check the fix and commit it in the morning.

Great.

> I see only KFloppy and KGoldrunner in your list with that problem

Yes, but as I pointed out I saw also kompare, cantor and karm showing an empty dialog at the start.

BTW, I also checked on kigo again, which fails to work with MacPorts’ gnugo port!

I’ve updated the TODO.txt [1] accordingly.

> and Floppy
> is not guaranteed outside Linux and BSD.  And when was the last time you saw
> a floppy disk drive on a Mac?  My son's does not even have a CD/DVD drive… :-)

You are of course right, neither have I in my iMac.

Well, the app was there, so I made my comment. :)

> The checks will remain.  Without game and level files there is no KGoldrunner game…
> I guess the checks are mostly against build/install problems though.

OK, good.

[1] http://commits.kde.org/macports-kde/aee66524414c7bb5c4355faf1f291301d99f2b3a