[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Fri Oct 3 09:31:29 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

On 03 Oct 2014, at 11:26 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a "crashtest" executable in drkonqi, but I have not been able to
> find it on Apple OS X, nor how to use it.

funny, I think drkonqi should have its own test suite…

> I have been relying on making an app crash. One way to do it is to set the
> main-widget pointer to zero, instead of "new whatever()", in main.cpp.

OK, will do something like that, or try to simply access a null pointer.
of course I’d need to do this with an application present on b.k.o. which
is why I will very likely select bovo. ;-)

> If you want to SAVE a test-crash report, you need to go into drkonqi/drkonqi_globals.h
> and change the (two) database names from "bugs.kde.org" to "bugstest.kde.org" and
> rebuild Dr K --- but take that change back out when you have finished… ;-)
>
> bugstest has all the same bugs and accounts, but will not send any emails…

Cool.

Well, this asks for a 'bugstest’ variant of port kde4-runtime, doesn’t it?! :-)