[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:26:48 UTC 2014

On 03/10/2014, at 7:08 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
> On 03 Oct 2014, at 11:06 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well it has not passed ReviewBoard yet,
>
> I am aware of that I’ve jumped the gun, but I thought in this case it is useful
> to do so.
>
> Ian, now that I have it installed here on my KDE 4.13.3 VM, can you perhaps
> tell me how to provoke a crash in order to test your DrKonqi patch?

There is a "crashtest" executable in drkonqi, but I have not been able to
find it on Apple OS X, nor how to use it. I have been relying on making an
app crash. One way to do it is to set the main-widget pointer to zero,
instead of "new whatever()", in main.cpp.

If you want to SAVE a test-crash report, you need to go into drkonqi/drkonqi_globals.h
and change the (two) database names from "bugs.kde.org" to "bugstest.kde.org" and
rebuild Dr K --- but take that change back out when you have finished… ;-)

bugstest has all the same bugs and accounts, but will not send any emails…

Cheers, Ian W.