[KDE/Mac] Some issues found while testing branch 'KDE4.13'

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 02:11:18 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014, at 8:49 AM, Marko Käning wrote:
> I guess especially Ian will be interested in my findings, as it concerns quite some games,
> including kgoldrunner.
>
> kgoldrunner
> - stops with “Get Folders” in title of main window
> - menu bar stays without items

That is actually a KMessageBox (Information type). It should be telling you
it cannot find the KGoldrunner Handbook and then say where it is looking.
There should also be an OK button.

You can get rid of the empty message by closing it, using the red button at top left.
Then the game will go on to create and display its main window, menu and demo.

Curiously, I get the same empty message window from my bog-standard Macports
installation of KGoldrunner (KDE 4.12.5), but I have been ignoring it up to now (i.e.
just hitting the little red button).

Something in kdelibs4 or qt4-mac must have changed and is preventing KGr from
displaying a message during the constructor of the main KGoldrunner widget.  It
has always worked before (i.e. for about 10 years now).

The grandsons are at our place all day today. I will have a closer look tomorrow.

>  - “quitting” the application leads to opening a new main window
> - only now a functioning application

Cheers, Ian W.