[KDE/Mac] kdesrc-build

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 04:08:14 UTC 2014

Hi Jeremy,

On 30/11/2014, at 4:49 AM, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Thanks again for the ideas. I removed p5.12 packages and installed p5.16 packages and now kdesrc-build doesn't complain about anything.

Fantastic!

> Attica wont build and says this in the cmake output:
>
> Policy CMP0042 is not set: MACOSX_RPATH is enabled by default.
> but that KF5Attica target doesn't have MACOSX_RPATH specified.

Ah yes, RPATH was another stumbling block I encountered when I originally
started to build KDE 4 modules from source.  I never did manage to solve that
problem in Phonon, which is a law unto itself, but the MacPorts copy had full
paths (rather than relative paths) in its object files, so I used that.

The other cases were all fixed by having -DCMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH=ON
in the CMake options, IIRC. See the file MacPortsCMake.txt in my osx-patches/KDEMacPortsTools
repository, there's a lot of useful stuff in there, mostly copied from MacPorts.

> Should I be specifying one ? attica mostly builds here, but fails towards the end because of
>
> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64 <-- mostly qt symbols from what I can tell.

Cheers, Ian W.