[KDE/Mac] kdesrc-build

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 03:28:05 UTC 2014

Hi Jeremy,

On 29/11/2014, at 2:03 AM, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Thanks for the extra pointers. It seems /opt/local/bin and such is already in my path. I asked on #perl and found PERL5LIB that I set here to /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.5/

In general, Shell environment variables are a threatened species in Apple OS X,
if that is what PERL5LIB is, but it is OK to use them with anything that you run from
the command-line.  I do not have PERL5LIB in my environment AFAIK.

> Then I realized I need bazaar and subversion for some aspects, so grabbed those also.
> Then added p5.12-xml-parser to get another missing perl module. Now I get this though:
>
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.5//darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.bundle
>   Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
> Is this a problem with the p5.12-xml-parser mac port or do I need some other dependency
> that port install p5.12-xml-parser didn't bring in but should have?

Expat.bundle exists for me, in the vendor_perl area.  It is an unreadable file (for vi) but
I was able to find readable refs to _Perl_Gthr_key_ptr in it.  I do not remember ever
having to install p5.12-xml-parser, only json and lwp, but xml-parser might have already
present because I have always had kdelibs4 installed.

Attached is a full list of all my p5.12-* ports.  Another factor in all this may be version
of OS X and machine architecture.  MacPorts is very good at adapting to those when
you install ports, but maybe there is some anomaly in your case.  I have a 64-bit
MacBook Pro, with core i7 quad-core processor and OS X 10.7.5 (Lion), non-virtual.

If you have any further troubles with Perl, the Macports Users mailing list has much
more expertise on Perl than the virtual zero I possess… :-)  To subscribe, see:
    https://trac.macports.org/wiki for general info and

Cheers, Ian W.