[KDE/Mac] Success at last (sort of)

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Fri May 30 02:10:56 UTC 2014

On May 28, 2014, at 11:52 PM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> You've all been a bit quiet the last few days. What's up?
> On 25/05/2014, at 4:25 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
>> I have at last succeeded in building a KDE4 base from source, using
>> kdesrc-build scripts on Apple OS X 10.7.  I have also set up a runtime
>> Shell environment with PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc. pointing to my
>> binaries and libraries and then /opt/local directories.
>> When I try to run Dolphin or Konqueror, they start off and load some stuff,
>> but then one library wants to load another which has a symbolic link.  For example:
>>   25/05/14 3:38:18.339 PM [0x0-0x41041].konqueror: dyld: Library not loaded: libattica.0.4.dylib
>>   25/05/14 3:38:18.339 PM [0x0-0x41041].konqueror:   Referenced from: /kdedev/KDE-MAC/kde/lib/libkdeui.5.dylib
>>   25/05/14 3:38:18.339 PM [0x0-0x41041].konqueror:   Reason: image not found
> Well I found out about dyld, RPATH and otool -L and the solution to the above problem
> and now I have a successful kdesrc-build with all of KDE games building and most of the
> games running OK in my private execution environment, with Debug versions of code.
> I can also run one or two core and base KDE apps, such as Konqueror.
> I have also incorporated almost all the CMake command-line options from the cmake
> and kde4 portgroups.  They are a bit of an overkill in some cases, but at least they
> avoid all those ambiguities between libraries in /usr/lib and /opt/local/lib wherever
> they may occur in the course of building scores of modules.
> There are still two problems occurring in the built applications:
>    1. If an application uses some CMakeLists.txt code like:
>        target_link_libraries(kbounce ${KDE4_KDEUI_LIBS} kdegames ${KDE4_PHONON_LIBS})
>        the Phonon part is still given a relative path, rather than the absolute path that dyld
>        requires, e.g. "otool -L /blah/blah/kbounce" shows,
>        /Applications/KDE_MAC/kbounce.app/Contents/MacOS/kbounce:
> 	    /kdedev/KDE-MAC/kde/lib/libkdeui.5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.13.1)
> 	    /kdedev/KDE-MAC/kde/lib/libkdegames.6.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.1.0)
> 	    lib/libphonon.4.dylib (compatibility version 4.0.0, current version 4.7.50) …
>       Notice that libkdeui and libkdegames come out correctly, but not libphonon.

You probably are looking to fix the source of the problem but in case you are not aware there is a tool (install_name_tool) that can fix this problem after the fact given enough header padding.
man install_name_tool	

Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 455 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-mac/attachments/20140529/5dda3d46/attachment.sig>

More information about the kde-mac mailing list