[KDE/Mac] Success at last (sort of)
iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun May 25 06:25:23 UTC 2014
I have at last succeeded in building a KDE4 base from source, using
kdesrc-build scripts on Apple OS X 10.7. I have also set up a runtime
Shell environment with PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc. pointing to my
binaries and libraries and then /opt/local directories.
When I try to run Dolphin or Konqueror, they start off and load some stuff,
but then one library wants to load another which has a symbolic link. For example:
25/05/14 3:38:18.339 PM [0x0-0x41041].konqueror: dyld: Library not loaded: libattica.0.4.dylib
25/05/14 3:38:18.339 PM [0x0-0x41041].konqueror: Referenced from: /kdedev/KDE-MAC/kde/lib/libkdeui.5.dylib
25/05/14 3:38:18.339 PM [0x0-0x41041].konqueror: Reason: image not found
In my lib directory, an "ll" command gives libattica.0.4.dylib@ -> libattica.0.4.2.dylib
The Apple crash report shows at least 10 "*.dylib binary images" being loaded from
my lib directory, including /kdedev/KDE-MAC/kde/lib/libkdeui.5.dylib, then some from
/opt/local/lib, so we are definitely looking in the right places. Also libkdeui.5.dylib is
a symbolic link, like libattica.0.4.dylib, but libkdeui gets loaded and libattica does not.
I guess I am missing something pretty obvious … :-)
Cheers, Ian W.
P.S. I added all the MacPorts patches from Portfiles to my source, but not anything
else. I also ran kbuildsycoca4, but it bombed with the same kind of error messages
as Dolphin and Konqueror.
More information about the kde-mac