[KDE/Mac] Warning: Partial upgrade to KDE 4.13.0 is UNSAFE atm

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue May 13 07:55:31 UTC 2014

Hi Marko,

Do you ever wander into a strange landscape and meet yourself
coming the other way?

On 13/05/2014, at 12:55 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> It appears that I have somehow broken KIO, so now
> things like file-open dialogs and file-opens using KIO
> are simply not working.  They lead to exit 255 after
> dozens of console log messages involving KIO.
>
> For example, I cannot load or save KSudoku games and,
> worse still, KMyMoney exits soon after starting (i.e. when
> it goes to open my accounts file).

I did a Google search on "qkqueuefilesystemwatcherengine error during kevent wait"
and found this … http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.general/63192

The last message I get before the I/O crashes is just that … even with
"bad file descriptor" as the reason …

:-) Ian W.