[KDE/Mac] How can I change one piece of code in a MacPorts installation?

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Mon Jul 21 05:50:58 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

On 21 Jul 2014, at 05:43 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I am wondering is whether there is some way I could edit
> the KCrash source-code, rebuild kdeui library or the whole of
> kdelibs4 and then install it down in MacPorts (/opt/local)?

well, I had promised to keep the MacPorts/KDE repository up to date
with your KCrash patches, but I was swamped with KF5 work, which is
why I hadn’t done that yet.

Now I see that you indeed have a real need for those patches in
MacPorts. So, I’ll do this right away. Give me half an hour to test
this.

Apart from that I suggest you check out MacPorts’ Guide regarding
setting up local portfile repositories [1] or my comments in [2].

In any case, please clone the MacPorts/KDE repo [3] where I’ll
push your patches to in a few minutes.

P.S.: If you were present on IRC we could discuss more directly. ;)

[1] https://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories
[2] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/sdk/macports-kde/repository/revisions/master/entry/README.txt
[3] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/sdk/macports-kde