[KDE/Mac] Repository for patches to fix KDE Problems on OS X

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 02:27:18 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas,

On 01/07/2014, at 7:37 AM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On 01/07/2014, at 12:51 AM, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
>>> This is to let you know that I have now set up a new project in KDE,
>>> with Ben Cooksley's help.  It is is in Playground/Base and is called
>>> "Fixes for KDE problems that occur on Apple OS X”.
>>
>> Very nice, it will hopefully be quite helpful in tracking down issues. There
>> are one or two points where I am not fully clear about how you intend to
>> use it. First, to which version do you intend to link the patches?
>
> Yes, I must document that in the repository itself.  Mea culpa.

The README file has changed.

-PATCHES
+CURRENT PATCH-BASE (as at 30 June 2014)
+
+branch-group stable-qt4 # (the last KDE 4 release, plus bugfixes)
+
+Basically this is branch KDE/4.13 for KDE 4 software that is still being
+released (releases 4.13.x) and branch master for KDE 4 software that is
+frozen (e.g. libraries where KDE development has moved to KF 5).
+
+LIST OF PATCHES

> At the moment, the patches are against KDE 4.13.x, which is to say the
> KDE/4.13 branch of the main KDE repositories.
>
> However, the core of KDE 4 has been fairly stable for a while, so they
> will probably apply equally well to 4.12.x or 4.14.x or even KF5, where
> Marko gives all of our patches a try.

Cheers, Ian W.