[KDE/Mac] digikam >4.4.0 /libpgf

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 12:12:01 UTC 2014

On Tuesday December 23 2014 12:59:44 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> However, when I try to start digikam afterwards, I get a crash notification from gst-plugin-scanner (from port:gstreamer1). If I execute that utility by hand, it hangs/waits forever; digikam does the same when I click away the gst-plugin-scanner crash dialog.

Turns out the crash was in dup2(), and most likely due to the fact that I ran digikam after doing

exec 0>&- # close stdin
exec 1>&- # close stdout
exec 2>&- # close stderr

to avoid log pollution. After starting digikam once without that redirection, gst-plugin-scanner apparently completed OK and isn't being run anymore because I can now run digikam *with* the redirection.

The libpgf question still stands, though ;)