[KDE/Mac] KF5 Kate and QSP

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sat Dec 13 18:50:51 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,

> As long as the install staging directory still exists, then the
> environment variables should differ if you provide the --sources
> argument.

I’ve checked with kmymoney (as it had all dirs in place) just now! Although the build and staging directory are still there:
---
$ ls build local-inst
build:
CMakeCache.txt	CPackConfig.cmake	 CoberturaLcovResults.xml  Testing		      config-kmymoney.h  install_manifest.txt  libkgpgfile
CMakeFiles	CPackSourceConfig.cmake  JUnitTestResults.xml	   cmake_install.cmake	      cppcheck.xml	 kmymoney
CMakeTmp	CTestTestfile.cmake	 Makefile		   config-kmymoney-version.h  doc		 libkdchart

local-inst:
opt
---
the created environment does NOT contain the staging directory, but the _install_ one.

>> As I already said, it seems that tools/environment-generator.py needs to also include the application’s install
>> root’s entries for all XDG_*_DIRS env vars IF I want to be able to run an app from its _install_ location.
>
> It does, although it includes the ones in the staging directory rather
> than the actual final directory.

See above. :-/