[KDE/Mac] KF5 Kate and QSP

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Dec 9 04:46:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Marko Käning <mk-lists at email.de> wrote:
> Hi Ben,

Hi Marko,

> On 08 Dec 2014, at 02:01 , Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>>> but I did and do use this argument in prepare.sh:
>>> ---
>>> python2.7 tools/prepare-environment.py --project $1 --branchGroup kf5-qt5 --platform darwin-mavericks --sources ${BDIR}
>>> ---
>>
>> Odd. Does $BDIR/ feature anywhere in the variables set by the CI scripts?
>
> here the usage of “--sources”:
> ---
> MVM2:scripts marko$ grep ' --sources' *.sh
> build.sh:      --platform darwin-mavericks --sources ${BDIR} ) &> ${LOG}
> create-env.sh: python2.7 tools/environment-generator.py --branchGroup kf5-qt5 --platform darwin-mavericks --project $1 --sources ${BDIR} >$1.env
> prepare.sh:    python2.7 tools/prepare-environment.py --project $1 --branchGroup kf5-qt5 --platform darwin-mavericks --sources ${BDIR}
> ---
> and I think the one in create-env.sh isn’t even needed, as it doesn’t make any difference to the way the env vars get created.

As long as the install staging directory still exists, then the
environment variables should differ if you provide the --sources
argument.

> As I already said, it seems that tools/environment-generator.py needs to also include the application’s install
> root’s entries for all XDG_*_DIRS env vars IF I want to be able to run an app from its _install_ location.

It does, although it includes the ones in the staging directory rather
than the actual final directory.

>>> I know it is harmless, but I want to achieve that the tests run without me having to patch anything.
>>> Perhaps they even would, if I simply enabled them now...
>>
>> I suspect they probably would.
>
> :-)
>
> Yes, indeed, I’ve the tests running now:
>
>         First 100%-successes are kbookmarks and even _Trojita_!
>
> This means, running the apps in their build directory is obviously working as expected!

:)

>>> What exactly do you mean by "second one”?
>>
>> The path that has "kate.app" in the path - which if i'm not wrong is
>> the application bundle.
>
> My goodness, I still can’t figure out what you’re referring to, where did you see kate.app in the path in my posts?
>
> Where was the app trying to access the app bundle? I can’t seem to find it…
>
> Are you perhaps talking about the QSP patch and the app bundle code section in there?

Nope, you had the kate.app name in the environment variables you
mentioned in your earlier mail.

> Greets,
> Marko

Cheers,