[KDE/Mac] KF5 Kate and QSP

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sun Dec 7 17:46:54 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,

I think I am still in trouble with my OSX/CI system, as running kate still poses
problems.

If I understand the CI system correctly everything should be in place if the
environment variables are set - as the prepare-environment.py would do it for
your Jenkins slaves.

Here on my OSX/CI, however, I have to do this:

> So, if I now start kate like this (extending the XDG_DATA_DIRS accordingly) kate finally finds its rc file:
> ---
> MVM2:scripts marko$ XDG_DATA_DIRS=$XDG_DATA_DIRS:/opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/kde/applications/kate/inst/share/ /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/kde/applications/kate/inst/Applications/KF5/kate.app/Contents/MacOS/kate

which seems very odd to me...

This means, that prepare-environment.py never adds the current project’s
install root to the XDG paths.

Is that intended?

What am I missing?