[KDE/Mac] Giving up on kdeinit4 and friends

"Marko Käning" mk-lists at email.de
Sun Aug 31 11:13:00 UTC 2014

Hi René,

> Is there anyone looking into having qt5-mac and qt4-mac coexist on OS X?

yes, there is [1], but I don't know how the progress is. I didn't even get
feedback for my request to enable parallel building of qt5-mac [2]. I guess
I'll simply commit the latter in a few days, as it is supposed to work fine
and  is doing so.

> But if you want something else to sink your teeth in, Ian ... how about
> a Spotlight backend to replace Baloo in OS X, so that we can have a
> "semantic desktop" without having to run another indexing framework? ;)

That sounds like a nice project!

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/44193
[2] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/44207