[KDE/Mac] Giving up on kdeinit4 and friends

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 11:09:59 UTC 2014

Hello Mario,

On 29/08/2014, at 7:32 PM, Mario Fux wrote:
> Am Freitag, 29. August 2014, 08.11:38 schrieb Ian Wadham:
>> As you may know, I have repeatedly asked for help from a KDE core

>> developer: not full time help, just a few pointers and some reviews of
>> finished work.  Eventually, even though he must have been up to his
>> eyeballs in work for the Randa gathering, Mario found someone on
>> 5 August.  I have written several times to that guy with detailed info
>> about Apple OS X, MacPorts, KDE on OS X, portability problems and
>> a series of specific questions about Dr Konqi, kdeinit4 and friends.
>>
>> Not one reply have I received.
>
> Too bad. But I'm sure this guy had his reasons.

If nothing bad has happened to him and he is not incapacitated, I would
have at least expected the courtesy of a reply, whatever those reasons,
even if the reply said, "Sorry, I have become deeply involved in XYZ and
cannot help you after all."

I spent a lot of time preparing a briefing for him about what we are doing
over here on kde-mac and a lot of time sharpening up my questions so
that he could answer them quickly and succinctly.

I even got the sysadmins to restore a database for test use with Bugzilla
and Dr Konqi.  Aleix Pol and Dario Andres were kind enough to find out
about that for me and give me the DB name.

> I hope you find back your joy in hacking on KDE code
> and send you some Swiss hugs

Some Swiss pastries or chocolate would go down well… :-)  There was this
Swiss pastry chef at one of the hotels in Singapore, back in the day, and his
pastries were mmmmmmmmmmm… :-)

Cheers, Ian W.

P.S. I am using BCC again.