[KDE/Mac] testing OSX Keychain integration on 10.9

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 11:17:48 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Re: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44473

Here's something I hadn't done before, seeing how the SecKeychain API hasn't changed from 10.6 to 10.9: test my patches under 10.9. I thought I'd give it a try today, and fired up my 10.9 VM.

Turns out something doesn't work right, but since the same thing happens with OS X's own security commandline tool, I'm looking for some confirmation.

The issue: keychains I create do not show up when I query the keychain list, and as a result also don't show in the Keychain utility.  And as long as I don't add them manually, the kdeui/tests/kwallettest test fails at some point (the exact point doesn't seem to be relevant as the tests succeed after adding the keychain to the Utility).

I had already observed that the AddressBook simply doesn't work at all in my VM (but does fine when I boot into 10.9 natively).

So rather than rebooting into 10.9 (not impossible but a big hassle ATM) I was hoping someone could maybe look into this, and confirm whether 1) a newly created (through `security`) keychain shows up in the Keychain Utility without further intervention and 2) whether kwallettest succeeds (or where it fails systematically)?

TIA!
René