[KDE/Mac] kde4libs on OS X: AuthServicesBackend and kwallet_mac.cpp

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 12:18:03 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've rounded up my work on the kwallet / OS X Keychain integration for KDE 4.1x on OS X, even throwing in some corrections to the AuthServicesBackend (which now allow to save the kwallet configuration through the systemsettings control module) as well as a more exhaustive kwallettest app that can be used with the standard/native kwallet configuration too.

More detailed information and patchfiles can be found on trac.macports.org:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44473
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44655

These patches were tested with KDE 4.12.5 under MacPorts but ought to work with KDE 4.13 too given that the original *source* files (kwallet_mac.cpp, kwallettest.cpp, etc) were identical.

I'll be looking into getting these patches into upstream but might ask to "enlist" someone already working on KDE 5/OS X to do so (Marko?).

@Frank: I moved most if not all SecKeychain code to a set of new files. Feel free to use them in your own project, if they're of use.

R.

PS: is it possible to upgrade just kdelibs from 4.12.5 to 4.13 without recompiling all the other applications or are there (too many) ABI changes?