[KDE/Mac] kde4-workspace on Mac OS X

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 15:34:30 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've done a bit of work on the kde-workspace package to get it to build and run on OS X, using MacPorts (and hence KDE 4.12.5).
The patches for the CMakeLists.txt files are here: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44236

I've also looked in making a Review Report, but it seems that the Workspace package is already prepared for Plasma 5, involving such a reorganisation that I'm not going to tamper with it without being able to build and try it. I hope the patches on trac do help, though. Even without full-scale sessions, kwin etc. it's very nice to be able to use the Oxygen theme, and useful to have the SystemSettings app.

René