[KDE/Mac] KDE 4.13

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Sun Apr 27 20:47:29 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas,

On 27 Apr 2014, at 17:37 , Nicolas Pavillon <nicos at macports.org> wrote:
> I think we are all talking about the same thing, but do not consider the same implications. The thing is that making a -devel port makes it public, so that it is not really possible to get rid of it afterwards, thus implying to maintain it. There are also -devel ports which are left without updates, but I am not really of fan of this.
I can perfectly understand that, which is why I pointed out that the effort would be too big for you alone.

> In case the purpose would be to do some testing only once, probably local copes, or a personal folder on the svn repo would probably be more appropriate in my opinion: http://trac.macports.org/wiki/CommittersGuide/PersonalSVNRepository.
Yes, either that, or hosting a partial MacPorts tree on bitbucket or github if one prefers so, like me. I have my local MP port tree on bitbucket and also suggested to make use of [1] in order to have a working local tree for Mavericks. We could use [1] for setting up a kdelibs4-devel. What do you think?
Ian, what do you think? Do you prefer github, or should we rather go for a user branch on MacPorts? (I prefer not to mess with MacPorts’ SVN servers and decided to stick to local Mercurial repos, but if you’re not familiar with that I could force myself into that.)

[1] https://bitbucket.org/mkae/macports-kde/wiki/Home