[KDE/Mac] KDE 4.13

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Sun Apr 27 04:33:39 UTC 2014

Hello,

I had a quick try to build the basic ports of KDE, and could build successfully 4.13.0.
For what I understand, the transition to Baloo is however far from completed, with nepomuk still mentioned as being required
for several applications. I intend to wait at least for 4.13.1 before releasing it on MacPorts, but I thought that the best approach
could be to set baloo as a variant for now, but we’ll have to see.

As nepomuk is still required, it is not advised to have both nepomuk and baloo running together, although it is possible. Another
thing is that since there is also Spotlight on Mac, I am not sure that all users would want two indexing programs running on their
platform.

Cheers,

Nicolas