[KDE/Mac] "Problems of KDE software" wiki page on MacPorts

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Sun Apr 13 10:57:55 UTC 2014

Hi Meik,

On 13 Apr 2014, at 12:41 , meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> our port of RKWard has been ignored to the day, feedback was hard to get (the
> one reply we got was very useful, though), it's still not available after two
> years[1].
I see. I saw your Aug’12 post on this list, but still didn’t have the time to look at the application, because the distributed files are 1GB thick. :-)
Well, I did have a look at your site a few days ago, as you see. ;-)
OK, I wasn’t aware of that ticket and that you wanted to distribute it through MacPorts. I just CC’ed myself to it for now.

> nonetheless, we're maintaining the portfile in RKWard's source tree[2], and
> build our precompiled bundles[3] from it. unfortunately we never figured why
> it wasn't considered worthy of being listed in the available ports.
Meik, I’ll try to test-install it here on my machine and if all goes smoothly I could add its portfile to the MacPorts tree for you.

And, regarding the worthiness: obviously there was no other user interested so far, which is why no MacPorts maintainer took care of it.
If you would have posted this email to MacPorts mailing list once again, I am quite sure that Ryan himself would have committed it long ago, since he’s enormously active on MacPorts. To be honest I don’t know how he manages it.

OK, so the 13 months old port is still your current version then?
If so, I’d give it a go and report back to you.

Thanks for posting!

P.S.: Actually, when hunting for the missing application icons issue I was close to try to contact you, because your app obviously shows its icon properly. (Luckily I’ve figured it out now myself.)