[KDE/Mac] "Problems of KDE software" wiki page on MacPorts

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 21:58:38 UTC 2014

On 11/04/2014, at 7:24 AM, mk-lists at email.de wrote:
> Ian and Nicos,

Not me.  Nicos, I think you could get Mario to nominate a KDE expert
on licensing to help you on this one.

> I think we should also address the persisting license issues on the "Problems of KDE software" wiki-page!!!

Here are a couple of references:
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy

I think there is also an effort to police this policy, via a set of code-vetting
software called English Breakfast Network (EBN, for short), see

        http://ebn.kde.org/

I have sometimes received a reminder about licences in my code … ;-)

> I recall that you both have written in some previous posts (on MACPORTS-DEVEL as well as KDE-DEVEL) about these annoying license conflicts which force us on MacPorts to build more ports from source than we’d like, since we can’t use binary port distribution for them. (Of course, I could try to hunt for those lines of you two in my Mail.app, but perhaps you’re faster than me. :-D )

Cheers, Ian W.